Alien registration

Every non-Japanese who resides in Japan for more than ninety days must register as a foreign resident.Once you enter Japan on your work permit and settle on a place of residence, go to the local government office and complete the alien registration procedures at the Alien Registration counter. You will need your passport, photographs, and other necessary documentation; an alien registration card will be issued in approximately two or three weeks.

Note that alien registration must be completed before the certificate of seal registration , which is needed for branch or company registration , can be issued.


Each municipal office in Chiba